Coplay Borough Hall is located at 98 South 4th Street, Coplay, PA 18037; phone: 610-262-6088.
In 1773, some 30 years after the first settlement had been made, Lehigh County showed great improvements. There were few Indians remaining after 1740. They had nearly all passed beyond the Blue Mountains, only here and there a family or individual Indian remained in tent upon some chosen spot of ancient hunting ground. One of these was Kolapechka, an old chief residing on the creek which bears his name, Coplay. He was on friendly terms with his white neighbors and was frequently employed by the government to carry messages and act as an interpreter.
The village of Coplay, along the bank of the Lehigh River, was founded in 1853. In 1990 its population numbered 1,581. It was the seat of the Coplay Iron Works. There were, at this time, a number of stores, hotels, churches and schools. An electric trolley connected Coplay to Allentown.