Alburtis Borough Hall is located at 260 Franklin Street, Alburtis PA 18011; phone: 610-966-4777.
First settled ca. 1857, the borough was incorporated in 1913 from Macungie Township.
Named in 1859 for Edward K. Alburtis (1824-1895), civil engineer and board member of the East Penn Railroad. [†]
The Borough is home to 2 resources that are on the National Register of Historic Places: the Lock Ridge Furnace Complex, listed in 1981 and the George F. Schlicher Hotel, listed in 1992.
The 2010 census put the population of Alburtis Borough at just over 2,300 residents.
† Kevin Shoemaker, President, Alburtis Lockridge Historical Society, personal communication, March, 2013.