Jonestown Borough Hall is located at 37 West Market Street, Jonestown PA 17038; phone: 717-861-5415.
Jonestown was incorporated from Swatara Township August 20, 1870. The area was first settled prior to 1730; the town was laid out by William Jones in 1761 and was originally called, by him, Williamstown. When the borough was incorporated, the place was named Jonestown to avoid confusion with another town named Williamstown. The town site had earlier been the site of an Indian village. The Swatara Collegiate Institute, incorporated January 6, 1859, eventually became a home for orphans run by the Protestant Episcopal Church.