Terre Hill Borough
Terre Hill Borough Hall is located at 300 Broad Street, Terre Hill, PA 17581; phone: 717-445-4581.
Incorporated from East Earl Township. The earliest settlers were Welsh, who came into the vicinity in 1722. The lands subsequently passed into the hands of the Germans. Joseph Oberholzer was one of the early owners of a gristmill, and a few years before the village of Fairville was stated and land was owned by Martin Oberholzer, a member of the Mennonite faith. A schoolhouse and church were erected about 1835. When agitation was started for a post office, it was discovered there was a Fairville in Chester County and this resulted in a change of name to Terre Hill. Cigars and shirts are principal industries. Population in 1940 was 907. [Population 2008, approximately 1,300.]