Strasburg Borough Hall is located at 145 Precision Avenue, Strasburg PA 17579; phone: 717-687-7732.
STRASBURG, (975 pop.), at the eastern end of the Strasburg Road, authorized by the Pennsylvania legislature in 1793 as a link between Philadelphia and York, is a residential village. Of irregular arrangement, it was in turn the site of a French Huguenot community and a settlement of German immigrants who named it Peddlehausie (Beggartown). The red brick sidewalks and frame houses bear the stamp of age. At one time a mining village, it lies four miles northwest of Mine Ridge, on the summit of which is the entrance to an exhausted copper mine worked in Penn's day by Swiss from Maryland.