Martic Township municipal offices are located at 370 Steinman Farm Road, Pequea PA 17565; phone: 717-284-2167.
Martic is one of the six original townships. Organized in 1729, but the township was ratified in 1730. It was named for a small tribe of Indians in the neighborhood of the mouth of Pequea Creek. The name was first spelled "Martock." The earliest settlers were Germans, led by Matthias Kreider, about 1691. Other families who soon followed were Goods, Hubers, Warfels, Hares and Millers. Magnetic ore is found, which led to the operation of Martic Forge, prior to the Revolution. Black oxide of manganese is found, but not in large quantity. The flora of the township is rich and abundant. Population in 1940 was 2,232.