Akron Borough Hall is located at 117 South 17th Street, Akron PA 17501; phone: 717-859-1600.
Akron was incorporated from Ephrata Township in 1884. First settled in 1762. The Akron Mills are located on part of a tract patented by the Proprietaries to Charles Hallocker in 1762, the year the mill was originally built. Akron has enjoyed the service of a post office from an early date.
Population in 1940 was 877.