banner search whats new site index home

Taylor Borough

Taylor Borough Hall is located at 122 Union Street, Taylor PA 18517; phone: 570-562-1400.

Taylor Borough was incorporated in 1893 from Lackawanna and Old Forge townships (both now extinct) and named for philanthropist Moses Taylor, a major financier of the Union cause during the Civil War. In 1901, the remaining portion of Old Forge township disorganized and was annexed to Taylor, completely wiping the township from the map. Taylor was the first settlement in Lackawanna County, settled by Timothy Keys, Solomon Hocksley and Andrew Hickman. [1]

  1. Lackawanna County Department of Planning and Economic Development, County Lines, Scranton, 2008, www.lackawannacounty.org, accessed October, 2009.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 12014 • Privacy