banner search whats new site index home

Dickson City Borough

Dickson City Borough Hall is located at 801 Boulevard Avenue, Dickson City PA 18519; phone: 570-489-4758.

Dickson City Borough was incorporated in 1875 from Blakely Township (now Blakely Borough) and named in honor of Thomas Dickson, president of the Delaware and Hudson Railroad at the time of the borough's creation. The borough's first inhabitants were the extended family of Timothy Stevens, a Revolutionary War veteran who moved from New York in 1786. Little transpired in the borough until collieries sprang up, with the village of Priceburg developing with homes for the local miners. [1]

  1. Lackawanna County Department of Planning and Economic Development, County Lines, Scranton, 2008,, accessed October, 2009.
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 12005 • Privacy