Clarks Summit Borough
Clarks Summit Borough Hall is located at 304 South State Street, Clarks Summit PA 18411; phone: 570-586-9316.
Clarks Summit is a green-patched suburb with large residences and an unusual number of automobile sales rooms, was lifted from rural status with the construction in 1906 of an electric railway to link it with Scranton. Clarks Summit has strong ties with Clarks Green, the adjacent borough. Both were named for Deacon William Clark who in 1799 cleared the triangular 'Green'; the 'Summit' was the peak of a grade on the Leggett's Gap Railroad, northern division of the Lackawanna and Western.