Blakely Borough Hall is located at 1439 Main Street, Peckville PA 18452; phone: 570-383-3344.
Originally created as Blakely Township in 1818 from Providence and Greenfield townships, it was incorporated as a borough in 1867. The borough is named in honor of Captain Johnston Blakely, a naval hero in the War of 1812, who was lost at sea. Timothy Stevens, a Revolutionary War soldier from New York, was the first settler. Peckville, the largest community within the borough, was named after Samuel Peck of Massachusetts. Mr. Peck opened the Peck Lumber Manufacturing Company in the area.