Shade Gap Borough
Shade Gap Borough Hall, PO Box 65, Shade Gap PA 17255; phone: 814-259-3459.
This community is situated along an Indian trail leading from the Tuscarora Valley to Kittanning Point. It was a logical point for settlement in the 18th Century, and in 1782 George Hudson made his home here. Woolen and grist mills and a blacksmith shop were established. On April 20, 1871 Shade Gap became a borough. Milling continues to be the chief industry. The population was 143 in 1910, 136 in 1920 and 130 in 1930.