banner search whats new site index home

Saltillo Borough

Saltillo Borough Hall, PO Box 89, Saltillo PA 17253; phone: 814-448-2443.

Beginnings [1]

Incorporated from Clay Township, November 10, 1875. Settled in 1795 by Henry Hubbell. FIrst called Springville when it was the seat of a large tanery owned by Leas & McVitty. The town plat was laid out in 1873 by Henry Hudson.

  1. Godcharles, Frederic A., Litt.D., Chronicles of Central Pennsylvania, 1944, Lewis Historical Publishing, Inc., New York

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 13013 • Privacy