banner search whats new site index home

Rockhill Furnace Borough

Rockhill Furnace Borough, PO Box 63, Rockhill Furnace PA 17249.

Beginnings [1]

Incorporated from Cromwell Township, June 6, 1887. Rockhill Furnace was built in 1830 by Ruhannah Calhoon, and afterward operated by Thomas T. Cromwell. The town was laid out in 1874 on part of a tract owned by the Rockhill Iron & Coal Company.

  1. Godcharles, Frederic A., Litt.D., Chronicles of Central Pennsylvania, 1944, Lewis Historical Publishing, Inc., New York

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 13012 • Privacy