Petersburg Borough Hall located at 316 King Street, Petersburg PA 16669; phone: 814-669-4424.
Incorporated from Logan Township, April 7, 1830. Settled by Peter Shaver before 1754. The creek was named for him. He was an Indian trader and was murdered sometime before 1765. The village was laid out on the opposite bank of Shaver's Creek, from the site of historic Fort Anderson. The plat was recorded May 28, 1795, by Dr. Peter Shoenberger, and the place was given his baptismal name. Juniata Forge, erected in 1830, and flouring and sawmills were in operation.