Mount Union Borough
The Mount Union Borough Hall is located at 9 West Market Street, Mount Union PA 17066; phone: 814-542-4051.
Mount Union ... was laid out in 1840 by William Pollock for John Sharrer. It was incorporated as a borough on April 19, 1867. The development of railroad facilities, water power, and the access to raw materials such as coal and ganister rock assisted the development of Mount Union as an industrial community. The General Refractories Company, the North American Refractories Company, the Harbison-Walker Refractories Company, the E. DeVecchis Cement Block Factory, the Mount Union Baking Company, the Wagner Baking Company, Coca Cola Bottling Works, the flour mills of A. S. Welch and A. G. Smith, the Mount Union Ice Company, the Mount Union Tanning & Extract Company, the Mount Union Planing Mill, the Mount Union Manufacturing Company, and the Pennsylvania Railroad Company afford employment for hundreds of persons in this and surrounding towns. A country club and park afford opportunities for recreation. Water is supplied to 1,270 consumers in Huntingdon and Mifflin Counties by the Mount Union Borough Water Works. The East Broad Top Railroad connected with the Pennsylvania Railroad Company here and made the town a trade center for the southern section of the county.