Wesleyville Borough Hall is located at 3421 Buffalo Road, Wesleyville PA 16510; phone: 814-899-9124.
Wesleyville, ... (731 alt.; 2,840 pop.; borough, inc. 1912) was named for John Wesley, founder of Methodism, by early settlers, followers of his faith.
The borough is served by the Greyhound Lines, the West Ridge Bus System, and the Erie Coach Company.
Wesleyville was laid out in 1828 by John Shadduck, a farmer, who built a gristmill in 1823 and two years later erected a sawmill, both on the banks of Four Mile Creek, which runs through the borough.
First settlers were William Saltsman, Amasa Prindle, and Andrew Elliott, in 1797. They were followed by Hugh McCann and Alexander Brewster in 1800.
Industries are the New York Central Railroad car shops, Nickel Plate Flour Mills, and General Electric Co.
The Wesley Methodist Church was built in 1828 and rebuilt in 1866. Other churches are the Baptist, Messiah Lutheran, Church of the Nazarene, and St. James Roman Catholic.