Mill Village Borough
Mill Village Borough Hall is located at 14350 North Main Street, Waterford, PA 16441; phone: 814-796-2154.
Mill Village Borough is 25 miles south and east of Erie, nearly the center of LeBoeuf Township from which it was taken, and incorporated in 1870. Its name was derived from Mill Run which flows through it and empties into French Creek just below the town, and which in turn derived its name from three saw-mills which had been put in along the stream. It is on the A.&G. W. R. R., now the Erie Railroad, and is in the center of a rich grazing country producing milk, butter and cheese. The town was projected by William Kingen, and Judge Benson surveyed it. It has a Methodist congregation organized about 1810 at the Ford settlement on French Creek, and its first building put up in 1850, which being burned a larger one was built in 1878. The Presbyterians were organized by Rev. J. M. Gillett from Union Mills in 1870, and their building put up in 1872. The Free Methodists built their church in 1894. The Catholics hold services by priests from Union City. C. C. Wright started the Mill Village Herald in January, 1876, and sold it to J. S. Ross in October, 1882.