McKean Borough Hall is located at 8952 Main Street, McKean, PA 16426; phone: 814-476-1691.
Originally called Middleboro, McKean Borough was formed out of McKean Township in 1861, about two-thirds of a mile square, on the Edinboro Plank Road, ten miles south of Erie, and had a population in 1870 of 126. The first house in it was built by Benjamin Cullorn in 1810. There is a Methodist society here which was organized about 1819 a half mile south of the present borough, holding meetings in school houses until 1857 when their present fine building was put up in the town, and enlarged in 1869. St. Francis Catholic Church was built in 1876, the successor of an earlier place of worship two miles northwest which was dedicated in 1833.