Corry City Hall is located at 100 South Center Street, Corry, PA 16407; phone: 814-663-7041.
Corry was formed from Concord and Wayne and incorporated in 1866. The Philadelphia and Erie Railroad had been completed through the area in 1858. In 1868 the Atlantic and Great Western Railroad arrived, forming a junction with the Pennsylvania/Erie R.R. In October of that year named the town "Corry" in honor of a local, resident farmer, Hiram Cory.
Corry was to become the northeastern outlet to the oil regions and the town enjoyed a rapid expansion. A post office was established in 1861 with C.S. Harris serving as the first postmaster. The Downer Oil Company built an office in 1861. In 1862 the Downer Oil Works, the Kent Oil Works, the Boston Hotel, Gilson House, several stores and dwellings, as well as depots and storehouses were built. The Oil Creek Railroad from Titusville was completed.
In 1863 Corry was organized as a borough with S. A. Bennett serving as the first mayor. That year the "Corry City News" began publication. By 1879 the population exceeded 6,800.