Albion Borough Hall is located at 28 Smock Avenue, Albion PA 16401; phone: 814-756-3660.
Located southwest of Erie along the East Branch of the Conneaut Creek, the first settlers in Albion were Thomas Alexander, Patrick Kennedy, William Paine, Lyman Jackson and Ichabod Baker. Lyman Baker's son, Michael, built the first saw mill; he settled here in 1815; William Sherman came in 1827; Thomas Thornton settled about 1857.
The borough was formed from Conneaut Township and incorporated in 1861. The first mayor of this mile-square borough was Perry Kidder.
Amos King built the first grist mill in 1828. The area was known for a long time as Jackson's Crossroads, and its post office had been variously named Jacksonville, Joliet and Albion. The creation and growth of Albion was due in large part because it was a station on the Erie Extension Canal.
A woolen mill was built by W. H. Gray in 1840. Henry Salisbury and Reuben McLallen built an oar factory in 1859.