Darby Borough municipal offices are located at 821 Summit Street, Darby, PA 19023; phone: 610-586-1102.
Darby Borough, PA, the settlement village on Darby and Cobbs Creek was once a part of Darby Township which was partitioned to create several Delaware County Boroughs and Townships. Darby had its first Town Meeting in 1683 and was incorporated in 1853. Settled by Quakers in 1681-82, it quickly became an industrial and business center. Darby Borough played an important part in the development of Delaware County.