Highspire Borough Hall is located at 640 Eshelman Street, Highspire PA 17034; phone: 717-939-3303.
A post town situated between the Susquehanna and the Pennsylvania canal, on the turnpike from Harrisburg to Middletown, six miles from the former and three from the latter. It is on the main branch of the Pennsylvania Railroad. The town was laid out in 1814, by two Germans named Barnes and Doughterman, who emigrated from Spire, a small village in Bavaria. By an act of Assembly passed February 7, 1867, it was incorporated into a borough. According to the census of 1870, the town contained a population of 612, but it is now  fairly estimated at 750. It contains five general stores, one grist and one saw mill, two wheelright shops, car shops, a distillery, a cigar manufactory, three good hotels, two churches, and three common schools, and several other business establishments.