Woodcock Township municipal offices are located at 16164 State Highway 86, Saegertown PA 16433; phone: 814-763-3563.
Woodcock Township was formed in 1830. It is an interior township, lying upon the east bank of French Creek, a little north of the center of the county. The surface is pleasantly diversified by upland and valley, and is well watered by streams flowing into French Creek, the principal of which is Woodcock Creek, which enters the township in the southeast corner and extends in a northwesterly direction to the southern limits of Saegertown.
Industries [ca. 1874] included three cheese factories, four water-power grist mills, five saw mills, and two wooden bowl manufactories. The Atlantic and Great Western Railroad crosses the township along French Creek, and passes through deep cuts in the steep declivities of the bank above Saegertown.
The population in 1870 was 1,943. In 1872 it contained 17 schools and employed 27 teachers.