Cussewago Township Offices are located at 23748 North Mosiertown Road, Saegertown, PA 16433; phone: 814-763-3950.
Cussewago Township is Venango's neighbor to the west. It was created on July 9, 1800 from parts of Conneaut Township and Mead Township and was first settled in 1792. It derived its name from Cussewago Creek and is one of the earliest parts of Crawford County to be settled. The villages of Crossingville and Mosiertown are located in the township. The Senecan word "kassewaugo" meant "big belly." According to tradition, natives gave this name to the creek after discovering a large black snake that appeared to have swallowed a rabbit.