Township municipal offices are located at 1039 Wilmington Pike, West Chester, PA 19382; phone: 610-692-1930.
Westtown was probably named from its location, relative to Easttown. The township was probably laid out as early as 1685. One of the earliest settlers was Daniel Hoopes who purchased land in 1697 and 1698 and served as the first constable beginning in 1700. Other early landholders included Benjamin Hickman, John Bowater, Isaac Taylor, William Swarfar, Aaron Hames and Richard Collett.