West Pikeland Township
Township municipal offices are located at 1208 Kimberton Road, Chester Springs, PA 19425; phone: 610-827-7660.
The Township of Pikeland (established in 1745) was divided into East Pikeland and West Pikeland in 1838. Pickering Creek, a considerable mill-stream, passes through these townships, and East Pikeland is also crossed by French Creek. The Pickering Valley Railroad leads from Byers' Station, near the "Eagle," in Upper Uwchlan township, principally along the valleys of the Pickering and French Creeks, to Phoenixville, where it connects with the Reading Railroad, of which it is an important feeder.