banner search whats new site index home

Upper Uwchlan Township

Upper Uwchaln Township municipal offices are located at 140 Pottstown Pike, Chester Springs, PA 19425; phone: 610-458-9400.

The county was split-off from Uwchlan Township in 1828 and separately incorporated. The name Uwchlan is a Welsh term meaning "land above the Valley."

The township is home to four properties that are listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

  1. Byers Historic District — an historic village that developed following the construction of a railroad station in 1871.
  2. Larkin Covered Bridge — a 60-ft. span over a branch of the Marsh Creek.
  3. James Wheelan House — mid-18th-century farmhouse
  4. West Vincent Highlands Historic District — contains examples of 18th, 19th, and 20th century vernacular, agriculture-related architecture
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 10156 • Privacy