London Britain Township
Township municipal offices are located at 81 Good Hope Road, Landenberg, PA 19350; phone: 610-255-0388.
A considerable part of this township was included in the survey made for the London Company. An addition was made to the east side of the township by a portion taken from New Garden but the date when this was done is not known.
Settlements were made at an early date by Welsh Baptists in the southern part of the township, and a church was established among them. The oldest tombstone in the graveyard bears the date 1729. John Evans, who came from Radnorshire, in Wales, about the year 1700, was prominent among these settlers, and his son, of the same name, who died in 1738, held large tracts of land, together with fulling-mills and grist mills, on White Clay Creek. An Indian village was formerly on the creak, near Yeatman's mill.
The township was organized about 1725.