Township municipal offices are located at 952 Chesterville Road, Lewisville, PA 19351; phone: 610-255-0634.
Elk Township was created in 1857 from part of East Nottingham. Charles Ramsey suggested the name. It is bounded on the east by Big Elk Creek, and Little Elk flows through it. Lewisville, in this township, was named in honor of Lewis J. Jones, who was the first to build there. He was buried at Sharp's graveyard. His father, Nathan Jones, lived near, in the edge of Maryland.