banner search whats new site index home

Nantmeal Village

"One of the first Welsh settlers, Richard Iddings, founded Nantmeal Village located now midway between Pottstown and Downingtown, even before the name Nantmeal township first appeared in 1722. It was not until 1876 when David K. Loomis set up the first post office in the village that the name was officially recognized.

"...Nantmeal, as it was originally spelled, means 'sweet water' or 'land of the sweet stream'" [1]

  1. Edward Pinkowski, Chester County Place Names, Philadelphia, Sunshine Press, 1962

School District: Owen J Roberts

Nantmeal Village Map

Street Names
Fairview Road • Nantmeal Road

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • • 215-295-6555 • 103705 • Privacy