East Bradford Township
Township municipal offices are located at 666 Copeland School Road, West Chester PA 19380; phone 610-436-5108.
The land consisting of East Bradford Township was part of the original land grant from King Charles II to William Penn in 1681. Bradford Township was established in 1705 and was named for Bradford, England. East Bradford Township was established in 1731, when Bradford Township was divided into East and West Bradford Townships. In 1856, twelve hundred acres in the southern part of the township was added to Birmingham Township. Since that date East Bradford Township has stayed at its current size of 9855.8 acres or 15.4 square miles.
The Township Municipal Campus consists of 7.4 acres at the intersection of Copeland School Road and Frank Road. At that location is the Municipal Building, Public Works Garage and the Copeland School. The Copeland School, built in 1905, was used as a public school until the East Bradford Elementary School was built in 1959. The Township purchased the school and land surrounding the building in 1965 with the intent of creating the municipal campus. Copeland School was used as a meeting place until 1988 when the Township built the current municipal building and hired a full time staff for the everyday administration of the Township. Copeland School has been refurbished for use as a community room for use by groups that have township residents as members. The Public Works Garage was built in the late 1970's, with an additional storage building built in 1994, to help store the equipment for the growing public works department. A salt storage building was built in 1997 to hold the increasing amount of salt necessary for the township roads during winter storms.