The township appears [May 2008] to have no permanent offices; supervisors meet at a local elementary school. Officials appear to conduct business through their home phone numbers.
Surveys on Bald Eagle creek in the territory of Worth were made as early as May 17, 1770, but its whole territory nearly is covered by the Gratz block of surveys of July, 1793. Cyrus Cartwright made the first improvement about 1785 where Daniel Frantz now lives. George Records, George Ardry and William Kelly were among its early settlers. The pioneer grist mill was erected by Abraham Elder in 1806 in the Western end of the township. Its village, Port Matilda, was laid out in 1850 by Clement Beckwith, Esq. The township was erected out of Taylor by a decree of Court July 27, 1848, and called Worth in honor of General Worth, one of the heroes of the war with Mexico. Population of Worth township in 1850, 302; in 1860, 246; in 1870, 650; in 1880, 809; in 1890, 840.