Walker Township municipal offices are located at 816 Nittany Valley Drive, Bellefonte PA 16823; phone: 814-383-2859.
Walker Township is situated in Nittany valley proper, and is traversed by Little Fishing creek. Its villages are Zion, Hublersburg, Snydertown and Nittany, and it has considerable iron ore deposits. The township was erected at January Sessions, 1810, and called for the then President Judge Jonathan H. Walker. The earliest surveys made in the territory date in November, 1770. Among its early settlers were the McEwens, William McKee, John Harbison, William McKean, brother of U. S. Senator Samuel McKean, etc. Hublersburg was laid out by Jacob Bolander for Jacob Hubler May 10, 1832. Heckla Furnace, at Logan's Gap, was built by Judge Isaac McKinney in 1825; nothing remaining of it now but the site, and farming is now the main occupation of the inhabitants of Walker township. Population of Walker township in 1850, 1221; in 1860, 1587; in 1870, 1356; in 1880, 1467; in 1890, 1333.