Union Town Hall is located at 125 Sycamore Lane, Julian PA 16844; phone: 814-355-1540.
Union Township was erected by a decree of Court dated November 29, 1850, out of Boggs township. Its Northern portion lies along the Allegheny mountains and it is traversed by Dick's run, Dewitt's run and McCormick's run, which empty into Bald Eagle creek, which flows through the Southern portion of Union township. Among the early settlers of the territory were Martin and John Hoover, John Irwin, a Friend, from Chester county, Leonard Peters, of Lancaster county, William Blair, William Campbell, etc. The Philadelphia and Erie turnpike passed through its territory and there were some noted taverns on this turnpike: John Hoover's, Archy Moore's and the "Rattlesnake," kept by Benjamin Bennett at an early day, which have all disappeared with the change in public improvements. Population of Union township in 1860, 848; in 1870, 847; in 1880, 1086; in 1890, 820.