Spring Township municipal offices are located at 1309 Blanchard Street, Bellefonte PA 16823; phone: 814-355-7543.
The name of Upper Bald Eagle Township was changed in 1801 to that of Spring, a very proper name on account of the numerous large springs within its limits. This township is noted for its forges, nail works, axe factory, etc. John Dunlop erected a forge as early as 1798 near the Borough limits of Bellefonte. He was succeeded by the Valentines and Thomas in 1815. These works are now operated successfully by the Valentine Iron Company, J. W. Gephart, Esq., President, under tile management of Robert Valentine. Mann's axe factory was started on Logan Branch at now village of Axemann by William and Harvey Mann in 1828; these works are now operated by a syndicate, of which J. Fearon Mann, of Bellefonte, is the representative and manager. Population of Spring township in 1850, 2280; in 1860, 1461; in 1870, 1608 in 1880, 2238; in 1890, 3190.