Milheim Boro municipal offices are located at 225 East Main Street, Millheim PA 16854; phone: 814-349-5350.
This town was laid out by Philip Gunkle in 1798. Two old mills occupied a portion of the site of this town, Gunkle's and Hubler's. This fact suggested the name of the town, Millheim; home of the mills. As early as 1802 it had about fifty inhabitants. In 1826 the turnpike was extended to Millheim from Mifflinburg, and in January, 1879, it was made a Borough by a decree of Court. In 1879 the Millheim turnpike road, connecting the Borough with the Lewi-burg and Tyrone railroad at Coburn station, was laid out.