Marion Township offices are located at 4337 Jacksonville Road, Howard PA 16841; phone: 814-625-2061.
The first permanent settler of the territory of Marion was Thomas Wilson, who came into the valley in 1785. He was followed by the McCalmonts and McEwens, David Lamb, James Hutchinson, Hugh McClelland, etc., and Lick Run Presbyterian church was organized in October, 1798. Its village is Jacksonville, post-office name "Walker." Marion township was erected by a decree of Court of August 26, 1840, by dividing Walker township by a line along the top of Nittany ridge. There is considerable iron ore of good quality in the township. The nearest outlet by railroad is by way of Howard on the Bald Eagle Valley railroad. Population of Marion township in 1850, 595; in 1860, 661; in 1870, 823; in 1880, 674; in 1890, 611.