Halfmoon Town Hall is located at 100 Municipal Lane, Port Matilda PA 16870; phone: 814‑692‑9800.
Half-Moon township was erected at January sessions, 1802. Abraham Elder was the first settler in its territory in the year 1784. A Quaker settlement was formed within its limits as early as 1792 when George Wilson came into the valley. Among the early settlers were Benjamin Way, Caleb Way, Isaac and Thomas Moore, John Spencer, etc. The township is noted for its iron ore deposits. Stormstown was its earliest village, laid out by Jacob Storm early in the present century. Jacob Lebo was its first storekeeper and Abraham Elder's tavern a noted landmark of the valley. The village of Loveville was founded in 1855 by James Love. Population in 1850, 714; in 1860, 703; in 1870, 698; in 1880, 563; in 1890, 748.