Ferguson Town Hall is located at 3147 Research Drive, State College PA 16801; phone: 814-238-4651.
Ferguson Township, was so named in honor or Thomas Ferguson who was a pioneer settler and built the first mill at what is now the village of Pine Grove Mills. The township was erected at January Sessions, 1801, out of Patton. Captain Gray Meek, a Revolutionary soldier, (ancestor of Hon. P. Gray Meek, editor of the Democratic Watchman) was also a pioneer settler in Ferguson township territory. In 1810 William Patton, son of Gen. John Patton, built Tussey Furnace at Pine Grove Mills. It ceased operation in 1815. Ferguson Township is remarkable now for its numerous beds of iron ore, developed and undeveloped, though there are no furnaces now within its borders. Large amounts of ore have been mined about Gatesburg, which was settled at an early period by the Gates, Rider and Rumberger families. Population in 1850, 1601; 1860, 1784; 1870, 2111; 1880, 1817; 1890, 1748.