Centre Hall Borough
Borough municipal offices are located at 134 North Hoffer Avenue, Centre Hall PA 16828; phone: 814-364-1772.
Originally settled around 1846, Centre Hall was incorporated in 1885 from Potter Township.
In 1846 Henry Whitmer built the first improvement of any consequence in Centre Hall, a large building occupied as a hotel and store, whose site was marked by an old log school house. It became a post-office station the same year. The Penns Valley Banking Company was organized to do business at Centre Hall April 1, 1873. The village is located on the turnpike connecting Lewistown with Bellefonte and is well supplied with mountain water by the Centre Hall Water Company, incorporated June 30, 1858. John Hoffer laid out the principal part of the town in 1867-1868, on his farm gotten from his father, Christian Hoffer, in I862. "Centre Hall Station" was laid out in September, 1884, by John B. Linn for the the heirs of Mary P. Wilson and General James A. Beaver. The Borough was incorporated, including Centre Hall Station, by decree of Court September I2, 1885.