Weissport Borough Hall is located at 440 Allen Street, Weissport PA 18235; phone:610-377-5606.
Weissport was formed from Franklin Township which borders the borough on the north, east and south. The Lehigh river forms the borough's western boundary. About 1832, Lewis Weiss, one of the sons of Thomas Weiss, began the building of boats along the canal for the Lehigh Coal and Navigation Company and for the Morris Canal and Banking Company. In 1836 he opened the first store in Weissport, continuing the business for mare than 20 years. Another store was opened by Daniel Heberling about the center of town in 1838. The post office here was established in 1850. Alexander Lentz was the first postmaster. Weissport was incorporated as a borough on June 3, 1867. In 1870 the population was 379.>