Summit Hill Borough
Summit Hill Borough Hall is located at 40 West Amidon Street, Summit Hill PA 18250; phone: 570-645-2305.
Summit Hill formed a part of Mauch Chunk township until January 14, 1889, when it was incorporated as a borough. At the first election, which was held in the town hall on the 19th of the ensuing February, Joseph Richards, a successful business man, was chosen as chief burgess. For years the borough was divided into 4 wards, but in 1911 it was reduced to three.
A post office was established here on February 6, 1832, Richard Hay being the first postmaster. A consolidated school building was erected in 1875.