Zelienople Borough Hall is located at 111 West New Castle Street, Zelienople PA 16063; phone: 724-452-6610.
Zelienople was laid out on Connoquenessing Creek in 1802 by Baron Dettmar Basse, who later sold half of his 10,000-acre tract to Father Rapp for the latter's Harmony colony. The Baron named the settlement for his daughter, nicknamed Zelie. A popular summer resort and noted for its young people's camps, Zelienople has been called the 'chicken-dinner capital' of western Pennsylvania. Vacation cottages are sprinkled along Connoquenessing's banks, and townsmen's dwellings, chiefly frame, are scattered over the rolling terrain. Clay, lumber, and metal products plants provide additional income.
In Zelienople is a junction with State 68. South of Zelienople oil derricks and oil pumps are frequently visible from the highway, although very little oil has been produced here in recent years. Most of the wells have been capped pending the time when, if expectations are realized, the supply of oil will have replenished itself.