banner search whats new site index home

Slippery Rock Township


Slippery Rock municipal offices are located at 155 Branchton Road, Slippery Rock, PA 16057; phone: 724-794-2369.

Beginnings [1]

Slippery Rock, one of the four original townships, was named after the creek flowing through it. Early settlers were Nathaniel and Zebulon Cooper in 1796, followed by Adam Barker, David Cross, John and William Burrows, the McKees, and Adam Funk.

  1. Butler County Sesqui-Centennial Association, Butler County 1800-1950: 150 Years of History and Development souvenir book, 1950, Butler PA
**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 12951 • Privacy