Slippery Rock Borough
Slippery Rock Borough Hall is located at 306 East Water Street, Slippery Rock, PA 16057; phone: 724-794-6391.
Slippery Rock Borough is perhaps best-known as the home of Slippery Rock University which was established in 1889 by borough residents as the Slippery Rock State Normal School. The school was purchased by the State of Pennsylvania in 1926 and renamed Slippery Rock State Teachers College. In 1960 it became Slippery Rock State College and began offering both graduate and undergraduate degrees. It was granted university status in 1983.