Trumbauersville Borough municipal offices are located at 1 Evergreen Drive, Trumbauersville PA 18970; phone: 215-536-1761.
Prior to the creation of the post office in 1822, Trumbauersville was variously named Eagle Hotel, and, in 1818, Charlestown. The town thrived for a time as part of the Milford County area Cigar-making industry.
"For several years Trumbauersville has been the seat of extensive cigar manufacturing, turning out two millions of cigars a year; a single maker, Mr. Croman, employing 37 hands, and making 1,500,000 annually. There are 10 shops and 60 hands engaged in this work. In the village there are two stores and the customary mechanics. The oldest inhabitants, in 1874, were George Heist, 83, Frederick Heist and John Jacob Smith, of about the same age, and Joseph Reiter, 75, all of whom had lived there half a century. There is but little room for diversity of political opinion, even if allowed, for the inhabitants all vote the same ticket. Trumbauersville has a handsome union church, built of stone, at a cost of $15,000. The datestone tells us that it was "founded 1769; rebuilt 1805; rebuilt 1868." The ceiling of the audience chamber is handsomely painted in fresco; a fine pipe organ stands in the gallery, and a shapely spire points heavenward. The size of the building is 62x46, and it was originally called the Lower Milford church."