Silverdale Borough municipal offices are located at 100 West Park Avenue, Silverdale PA 18962; phone: 215-257-5550.
Nearly half of the borough's residential resales occur in the Sterling Knoll development which was built circa 1989. Some 19th-century residences are found along Main Street.
Silverdale came into existence in 1896 on land that had been formerly part of Hilltown Township. The first name was Portland which was changed to Lawndale when a post office was created in 1883 with H. C. Gerhart as postmaster. The name Silverdale was adopted at the time the borough was incorporated. For a time, Silverdale was a center for clothing manufacture. The Silverdale Knitting Mills, Inc., a stocking mill, was employee owned and operated.
The borough is tiny, just 1/2 square mile in area; the 2000 census tallied the population at 1,001 residents.