Riegelsville Borough municipal offices are located at 615 Easton Road, Riegelsville PA 18077; phone: 610-0749-2726.
10 home sales for the 12 months ending 11/30/2016**
Median Sold Price: $216,000
Contact The John McClintock Team, Licensed in PA & NJ
Keller Williams Real Estate, Newtown, PA
Riegelsville Borough  is a small riverfront town in upper Bucks County. It has a rich economic history rooted in farming, manufacturing, and transportation. From its beginnings in the 18th century until the early 20th century, the town has served as a key crossing point across the Delaware River, as a stopping area along the Delaware Canal, and as a center for paper milling. Traditionally, the borough's commercial district has been at the heart of the town's economic activity, providing the necessary supporting goods and services for both residents and businesses.
Incorporated in 1916, Riegelsville Borough is located on land formerly belonging to Durham Township. It's history is closely tied to the Durham Iron Works. Tobias Worman served as the first postmaster beginning in 1847. Settlement began around 1774 when Wendel Schenk purchased land from the Penns' Lieutenant Governor James Hamilton. Schenk either built or improved a Ferry across the Delaware, and the area became known as Schenk's Ferry. Sometime later, the land was acquired by Benjamin Riegel, a farmer, through a sheriff's sale. Thereafter the village was known as Riegelsville. The ferry was abandoned with the opening of a bridge in 1837. It was damaged by the flood of 1903 and had to be replaced by what is still current, a wire suspension bridge built by the Roebling steelworks.
At the close of the 19th century, through sometime in the 1920s, Riegelsville was a terminus of the Quakertown Eastern railroad, a 12-station line originated in Quakertown about 1896.
Benjamin Riegel House 
This property, located at 29 Delaware Avenue, was entered onto the National Register of Historic Places in 1986. Riegel was born in Northampton County in 1792. In 1823 he, along following other Pennsylvania Germans, moved across the river to Musconetcong. He bought a mill complex and built several houses. With the completion of this home in 1832, he moved back across to the PA side of the river. This was the year the settlement was renamed, Riegelsville. The house is historically significant and is an excellent sample of vernacular, Georgian style. m o r e.