Quakertown Borough municipal offices are located at 35 North 2nd Street, Quakertown PA 18951; phone: 215-536-5001.
The borough is founded on land purchased by Morris Morris from William Penn in 1728. Settlement by English Quakers was already underway. About 1730, Pennsylvania Germans began coming to the area, and were soon the dominant influence. The first tavern was built in 1750 at what is now Broad and Main Streets. A post office was established in 1803, and the village was incorporated as a borough in 1854 from land taken from the center of Richland Township.
A 12-station railroad (first named the Quakertown and Eastern RR) operated between Quakertown and Rieglesville from 1896 to 1936. Intermediate station stops/names included: Richlandtown, Pullen, Pleasant Valley, Slifer, Witte, Springtown, Durham, Furnace Junction, and Durham Furnace.